Re: [OM] Invitation

Subject: Re: [OM] Invitation
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 00:56:29 GMT
No apologies necessary for the "self-promotion", Jan, I only regret that I can't attend. I'd enjoy meeting you and seeing your studio. (BTW, if anyone passing through Fort Worth *does* plan to attend, please stop by and put me in the trunk.)

I definitely agree regarding concentrating more on the art and less on the tools. My watercolor tools are quite simple and inexpensive (well, other than one of those lovely Winsor & Newton squirrel hair quill brushes - and even that was cheap compared with an Isabey). Laying down images takes a lot more effort, too. But nothing replaces photography for capturing moments as they occur.

Best wishes for the event.

Lex
===

From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:06:37 -0700

My studio will be open to the public the next two weekends, September
30 - October 1, and October 7 - 8, from 10am to 5pm.

I'll be demonstrating high-resolution drum scanning, digital
enhancement, and giclee printmaking, along with more traditional
photographic techniques. I'll also have some 30 large nature
photography prints on various media on display, from 20"x16" back-lit
prints, up to a 90"x48" panoramic banner -- all handmade in my
studio. Light refreshments will be served.

I am the only representational photographer on the tour...You'd be amazed that artists in other media spend more time on
the art, and less on the tools... :-)

I apologize if this posting is deemed "too commercial,"...