Re: Squirrels (was[OM] OMs and "Point and Shooters")

Subject: Re: Squirrels (was[OM] OMs and "Point and Shooters")
From: Walt Wayman <HIWAYMAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 19:55:05 -0400
>Now that I think of it, Harold had a momentary switch mounted by the
kitchen
>window to selectively zap the squirrels and not birds.

>John  Hermanson

A couple of years ago my wife bought me an electric birdfeeder.  It runs on
batteries, batteries, batteries.  But let's don't go there again.  The
instructions said that it would zap squirrels, which it did, but wouldn't
bother birds because birds' feet and feathers are non-conductive, like
plastic and rubber and all sorts of other substances that may seem to defy
some people's understanding of the laws of physics.

That's all I know about that subject.  It works, and watching the vermin
leap off is great fun.  But when the batteries run down, if they're not
replaced quickly, the evil creatures figure it out quick and come right
back and chow down.

Walt Wayman