Re: [OM] front converters (was A-200 teleconverter)

Subject: Re: [OM] front converters (was A-200 teleconverter)
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 19:14:32 +1100
Thanks Lex. I like the mini-Flat Iron! I'm experimenting with a few
borrowed from a friendly dealer's used oddment box. A Kenlock Ultra Wide
Macro 0.6X looks promising - didn't give me fisheye when mounted on my
21/3.5 - circular image but not enough distortion, too well corrected.
Damn! Seems to give a good 30mm image on a 50/1.8 so it could be handy.
Huge, but. 72mm filter mount to pull in the light. (series 7 back mount)
The sort of thing that impresses the gullible.
Strikes me that a tele of equivalent strength (i.e. 1.6X) could convert a
50mm into a soft portrait lens. Some interesting possibilities in all this!
Andrew