Re: [OM] OT - Firearms, was Batteries, batteries, batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Firearms, was Batteries, batteries, batteries
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 05:02:38 GMT
When cameras are outlawed, all photographs will be of the state approved grip-and-grin variety.

Lex
===

From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 01:27:35 +0100

Here it's only the law abiding that have no guns now. In Birmingham a murder
by firearms used to be very unusual, but it's become an almost weekly event
of late though as far as we understand it, it's been restricted to drug
dealers in conflict. We officially have an unarmed police force who have to
hide behind walls until an ARU (armed response unit) comes to the rescue,
but it has transpired that some police cars now routinely have firearms
along.

When it comes to looking for somewhere safer in the world to live, I suppose
that you have to decide where you want to set the slider between 'Personal
Freedoms' and 'Repressive Regime.'

Regards,
Keith Berry
(Birmingham, England)
k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.keithberry.telinco.co.uk

"When guns are outlawed it's only the outlaws who have guns."