Re: [OM] ATM card protection [was:out of date battery suppliers/foam

Subject: Re: [OM] ATM card protection [was:out of date battery suppliers/foam
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:48:47 EDT
In a message dated 9/20/00 7:16:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Thank you for the note re: international purchases and fraud protection. I
>  always wondered 'bout that. Does anyone know if the same applies if you use
>  an ATM as a VISA card, does the same protection apply?
>  No I have heard that that law does not apply.  John Gettis ( safely out of
>  danger as no one in his or her right mind would give me a credit card)

It is always easier to shoot off one's fingers here rather than looking
something up on the net (I am the guilty one here) but mastercard at least
says you can have protection either through credit card or ATM usage:
http://www.mastercard.com/ourcards/zeroliability.html

There does not seem to be condition on internation purchases.

Warren