Re: [OM] Inkjet inks can fade quickly!

Subject: Re: [OM] Inkjet inks can fade quickly!
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 15:47:45 -0500
I have one of the 1270s and have had it for months.  I printout the results
of my 35mm scans (all taken with OM, of course).  I haven't seen any color
shifts at all.  From what I understand, it is a pretty rare occurence, but
since so many printers have been sold, it's still clearly a problem.  Just
not for me.

The results are amazing.  Very 'print-like'.

Tom

> Well, they've still got a ways to go, it seems.  This is a news story
about the new series of Epson inkjets recently released, and just how
quickly some of their inks can fade when exposed to environmental conditions
not tested for in the lab:

>      http://www.pcworld.com/pcwtoday/article/0,1510,18445,00.html
>
> I've got nothing against inkjets, personally, but I still haven't gone out
and purchased one.  Maybe I'll wait a while longer...