Re: [OM] screens

Subject: Re: [OM] screens
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:17:30 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Wm Biesele wrote:

> First pass at measuring transmitted light thru various screens.
>
> Two bodies were used, an OM1n tested with
> a 1-13 screen and a Beattie intenscreen and an OM2s tested with a
> 1-13, a 2-13 and the Beattie. The cameras had a varmagni finder
> attached which allowed a Minolta light meter with the reflected light
> attachment to fit in the cup.

Firstly, setting the T32 into manual mode would be better from the point
of view of ensuring consistent illumination.

Secondly, I'm surprised that the 2S showed less difference between
screens than the 1n.  The reason the screens don't affect the metering
on the 2s is simply that the light doesn't have to go through the screen
to get to the meter.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |             http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/          |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |