[OM] A-200 teleconverter

Subject: [OM] A-200 teleconverter
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:34:29 +0000
I got a A-200 1.5x teleconverter off of eBay for 35$, NIB yesterday. I tried
it out and yes, it does vignette on the 50mm, and it gets worse as you stop
down. But, I guess if you plan on cropping, it makes a dandy 75mm/f1.4 lens!
It seems to work fine on the 100/2.8. I noticed that the closest focusing
point was much farther out with the teleconverter in place. I guess it would
be 1.5x also? It's small and light enough to join my "walk about" kit of 24,
50, and 100mm lenses, giving me a 150/2.8 also. Neat toy!

--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright