Re: [OM] Lens mount question from amateur

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens mount question from amateur
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:29:34 +1100
>Hi!
>
>I found a 3rd party lens, thru the internet, that has a screw mount (Owner
>is no help, estate sale). Will a T-mount "fit" this lens or will I have to
>purchase a screw mount adapter (for Olympus)? TIA.
>
>________________
>John Cwiklinski

T-mount and Pentax Universal M42 screw mount look the same but have a
different thread pitch (0.75mm against 1mm I think) One will bind on the
other - I made this mistake recently with a T mount lens when I forgot to
remove the M42 adaptor before screwing on an Olympus adaptor. They screwed
up a couple of turns and then locked - I needed WD40 and a certain
determination to divorce them!
Advice that M42 screw mount lenses have a pin is OK but some old Pentax
screw lenses don't - the ones with preset diaphragm (they don't stop down
automatically, which is what the pin is for!) have no pin.
Find a dealer who stocks things like T mount adaptors and ask because,
either way, you'll need to buy something off them!
Andrew