Re: [OM] Zoom problems

Subject: Re: [OM] Zoom problems
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 23:23:28 +0200
LARS BUNDESEN wrote:

> I wonder if antbody on the list can give me some advice on these two
> problems:
>
> 1) I have a Tamron 28-80 mm zoom that I have not used for a while. When I
> took it out of the closet recently, the zoom ring stuck and I can only turn
> it by using a lot of force. What has happened, and is there any way I can
> fix this?

It got lonenly and needs lots of loving care. Apart from that or maybe
a loose screw, no idea.

> 2) I recently got a Zuiko 65-200 zoom, along with some other equipment.
> Somehow it can't focus at infinity.
> Is there any way I can adjust the focus mechanism?

Maybe. Thomas Tomosy's book 2 on camera maintenance and repair lists a
procedure for the two ring 75-150mm Zuiko, which might also be applied
to the one-ring 65-200. Basically it involves loosening and adjusting
front element. The book has an entire chapter on zoom lenses. Recommended
if you plan to go into camera repair.

> Thanks for any advice.
> Lars Bundesen

Regards
Lars

--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> http://home.worldonline.dk/~lhaven
"Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidense"