Re: [OM] Nikon Scanner: Silverfast vs. Vuescan

Subject: Re: [OM] Nikon Scanner: Silverfast vs. Vuescan
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 21:09:14 -0500
Vuescan is my main squeeze right now, though I got Silverfast with my
SS4000 and it works very well.  If I weren't getting Silverfast in a
bundle, I wouldn't bother with it (though if I hadn't gotten it, I'd have
always been curious about it).

Vuescan isn't perfect.  It has a sort of "Select Your Gas/Air/Oil Filter"
interface, but essentially it doesn't give you visual dross or GUI
opulence. User docs could be better, but there isn't much need for them.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA