[OM] Olympus RD cleaning

Subject: [OM] Olympus RD cleaning
From: Jesse L Wei <jwei@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2000 16:05:01 -0400
I have an Olympus 35RD which works great except that the
shutter is sticking. I've essentially CLA'd it other than
getting to the shutter. Will anybody instruct me as to how
to get past the lenses?

I can get to the point at which I have the lens/shutter
assembly in hand with the assembly separated from the metal
frame, and the focus ring separated from the front of the
assembly but I'm wary of going any further without instruction
because things stop being intuitive. Can I remove the film-
chamber-side lens with a spanner wrench?

I'd love to pay for a professional CLA but as a poor student
it's just not in my budget. I'm mechanically adept and can
get hold of pretty much any tool readily available (and if
not I can try to machine it too)!

Thanks! - Jesse