Re: [OM] "Bokeh" in context

Subject: Re: [OM] "Bokeh" in context
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2000 08:29:49 -0500
At 08:26 AM 9/3/2000 GMT, you wrote:
>You're right, it really isn't that bad.  And, honestly, Nikkor bokeh ain't
>horrible.  But if you can get wonderfully smooth, creamy rich ... oh, wait a
>sec ... got distracted there ...
>
>Lex

Sometimes I think the only reason I keep my modest little Nikon system
going is a very beat up Nikkor 85/1.8 (with only six blades) that plays
second fiddle to no lens in its class (i.e., Zuiko 85/2; not sure the 90/2
isn't in a class by itself).  Also, the 55/2.8 micro ain't no buffalo chip.

Here's a bakeoff between the Nikkor 85/1.8 AI and Zuiko 85/2:

http://avalon.net/~jdub/bokeh.htm

Need I say, however, that the Nikkor is twice as big as the Zuiko?

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA