Re: [OM] Questions about a 350 F2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Questions about a 350 F2.8
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 01:29:34 +0000
The beige lenses do not have a lens cap as we know them Jim  (apologies to
Mr Spock).

Instead, they have a black,  supple leather hood or snood.  It fits over
the whole front section of the lens, the part which is the integral lens
hood. twin zips run down the side of the snood from the front to just aft
of the hood where the body of the lens narrows.

For the snood to be fitted, part of it has to pass between the tip of the
handle/mount and the body of the lens.

The snood is not just a soft leather bag.  It is fully lined with leather
of the same high quality as the outer covering.  there is a hard disk
encapsulated in the front circular portion of the snood which protects the
front element.

I am describing a snood as it applies to a 180/2.  I am assuming that the
250/2 and 350/2.8  have similar ones.

Giles