Re: [OM] kinky leather question

Subject: Re: [OM] kinky leather question
From: Frank van Lindert <franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 16:06:48 +0200
On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:00:07 +0000, Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>>While looking at the photo equipment ,here at work, I notice that the camera
>>strap was a very good, soft, leather one. I got to wondering when was the
>>last time it was conditioned.
>>Then the thought occurred too me - what is the best treatment for the
>>leatherette on any camera. What is a proper cleaner and/or restorer for
>these
>>materials. So I thought I throw the question out for a group opinion.
>>

>The stuff on our camera bodies is not "leather" at all, but plastic. I would
>use "Vinylex" or equivalent vinyl care product. An auto parts store would
>have plenty of brands to choose from. The conditioning of real leather uses
>different products.

I use small quantities of a product called 'cockpit spray' meant for
car interiors amd made by Turtle Wax. I spray on a piece of cloth and
then apply to the leatherette. Works good for me, not only on the
leatherette of cameras, but also on other plastic items. I have not
yet tried it on glass ;-)

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.