Re: [OM] various stuff ...

Subject: Re: [OM] various stuff ...
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 22:04:18 +0800
I am also the one who keep the 24/2 and sold the 24/2.8. But with different
reason, I own the 24/2 for over ten years. When the time I only got around
six Zuikos, this lens was always accompany with me together with the 85/2
and 50/3.5, sometimes also add a 35/2. This combination works very well for
my family shots. The 24/2 gave me fine results, its resolution was fine
although sharpness was not high.

I got a 24/2.8 SC before the 24/2, which was very sharp but the picture came
out very harsh. The problem was partially due to an element group turned
yellow, so it was sold. Last year I try to find a 24/2.8 because in some
situation I want to have picture that come out looks very sharp, I expected
the 24/2.8 will be sharper. Finally I got a 9+ 24/2.8 MC from ebay, I
immediately made some test shot together with the 24/2. The result was very
disappointed, at F4 to F8 I can hardly find any different between the two in
terms of sharpness and resolution (the color also looks very close in the
prints, as it was negative not slide, so I cannot confirm the color
rendering). Finally I decided not to keep the 24/2.8 because it gives no
gain on top of the 24/2.

Talking about the 40/2, it is a rare lens, forget about trading it with a
35/2 and 50/1.4. Probably a 50/1.2 plus a 35/2 can worth the same.

C.H.Ling