Re: [OM] A question about flashes....

Subject: Re: [OM] A question about flashes....
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 10:42:22 +0100
Gary Edwards wrote:
> Actually, from reading some boatbuilding books, it seems that the Brits
call
> them "G-cramps."

Yes, or "G-clamps" because the threaded bit turns the "C" into a "G".

On a related note, I've just 'won' on eBay a couple of vice (vise?) clamp
adjuster rods that replace the original ones and have an added 1/4" threaded
piece at the end for attaching T20 shoes, etc. They're coming by surface
mail from Texas so it'll be a while before I find out whether they are
compatible with UK models and whether they are as useful as they sound. (We
tend to call these clamps "Mole Wrenches" whether they're made by Mole or
not.)

Regards,
Keith Berry
(Birmingham, England)