RE: [OM] A question about flashes....

Subject: RE: [OM] A question about flashes....
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 20:42:43 GMT
Excellent ASCII art, Thomas! That's what Americans call a C-clamp, due to the shape. (Nobody said Americans are as creative as other cultures in our descriptions....)

The spring clamp I've tried, with limited success, is shaped like this:

==
  ==
    ==
      ==      ==
         == ==  ]
         --O----
         == ==  ]
    ==
  ==
==

The clamp would be more useful if the spring pressure were not so great.

I've probably used a mini-tripod with flexible legs more often to mount remote flash units with slave triggers. The flexible legs can even be used to clamp onto narrow diameter pipes, chair legs, etc. And since they're coated in vinyl I don't worry about damaging other surfaces.

Lex
===