Re: [OM] Re: Ball heads

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Ball heads
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 09:42:16 -0700 (PDT)
Rick wrote:
> Agree with Brian Huber. Have a 50 year old Lieca
> Ball head that still works
> great. (Bought it with a table-top tripod in a PX
> pre-Korea.) Also have an old
> Cambo (Holland) ball head under my OM-2n. In current
> stuff, like the Bogen
> (Manfrotto) 3413QR ($48 from B&H).

I have both the 3001 and 3021 bases and the large
3-way head (with the hex plate and bubble levels) and
Bogan's large ballhead (with hex plate).  The Bogan
head is fine, except not overly smooth for anything
but lockdown.  I'd like to get a video head for smooth
panning and following of wildlife.  Joel W. has the
Bogan ballhead with trigger-finger release system.
Really cool and much more stable than I'd expect.
Very fast to work with.

Ken Norton