RE: [OM] Re: Need advice: 38/2.8

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Need advice: 38/2.8
From: "Dave Bulger" <david_bulger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 20:14:22 -0500
I went out & bought a Manfrotto/Bogen 3401 today.  I like it.  It's got the
center-post-parallel-to-the-ground feature, both a short and long center
post, is fairly light for a non-composite, will drop the center point of the
lens down to around 8" _without_ reversing the center post.  And it's
actually the first tripod I've owned that extended the camera _above_ my
eyes without center post extension.

I looked a it's heavy-duty puke-green big brother and passed on it.  Not
only did the color turn me off, but it was considerably heavier than the
3401.  I looked at a few Gitzos, but it was Sunday and I couldn't go to the
bank to cash in a CD... <g>

Interesting -- I have no compunctions about shooting Velvia if I want
super-saturation, but I insist that my camera gear be pretty monochromatic.

Dave