RE: [OM] Re: TOO MANY FLASH UNITS

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: TOO MANY FLASH UNITS
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 19:17:22 -0400
I've been playing (therefore buying) with a lot of OM-compatible flash units
in the past year or so.  I've accumulated quite a collection, so many, in
fact, that it makes sense to me to lighten the load and make some space.
I will list the flash units I have available and the target prices I have in
mind for each.  If what I have is confusing to you, or you think pricing is
off SAY SO!
All units offered work with all OM bodies and have TTL/OTF capabilities
where possible, i.e., not with OM-10 or G.

I have the appropriate adapters as well as extensions for each flash unit
offered.  These extensions are like the TTL cords from Olympus.  Advantages
of the 3rd party flashes and adapters is that they will work with other
cameras by simply changing adapters.  I have a few adapters for Canon and
Nikon as well as the OM series.  The Sunpak adapters are available new at
retail, most of the Vivitars have to be purchased used, although I still see
them NIB.

FLASH UNITS
VIVITAR                                                        DESCRIPTION
CONDITION      PRICE
1. 3700                  Bounce and swivel, head tilts down 7 degrees for
close-ups, GN 120, uses DM adapters, audio ready indicator
8.5                  45
2. 4600                  Bounce and swivel, standard head, heads interchange
w/5600 system, GN 120, uses DM adapters
8.5                  55
3. 5600                  Bounce, swivel, zoom head (28, 35, 50, 105), GN
120, back lit LCD display on back, audio, variable power, PM adapters  8.5
65
4. 5600
DITTO
8.5                  65

SUNPAK
5. 422D                  Bounce, swivel, GN 110, variable power, uses OT-1D
adapter, this one has battery door that must be taped down              8
25
6. 30DX                                                  DITTO, but battery
door OK
9                    50

ADAPTERS
VIVITAR
7. DM/O                  for 3700, 3900, 4600
8.5                   15
8. PM/O                  for 5600, 5200
1- NIB, remainder         9                   15

SUNPAK
9. OT-1D                For all D and DX series
9                   15

EXTENSION CABLES
VIVITAR
10.DCS-1              For 3500, 3700, 4600 , add audio ready
9                   15
11.DSC-3              For 5600, 5200
9                   15

SUNPAK
12.EX-10            For all DX series
9                    15

Again, let me know if you have questions, I didn't list some additional
heads I have for the 4600, 5600 (standard and zoom)
I also did not list some Slave DM adapters that allow the 3700,4600 to be
used as slave flashes.

Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx