RE: [OM] Smithsonian equipment,...

Subject: RE: [OM] Smithsonian equipment,...
From: "Dave Bulger" <david_bulger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 22:31:51 -0500
LOL!  Come to think of it, they're GREAT scanners with amazing support from
Olympus.  This place is selling 'em for $399US.  I'll give ya mine for $350,
and throw in the power cord and software for free!

Actually, I believe they'll support the hardware -- it's the software that
they've abandoned, and IMO, the software is the weakest part of the system.
Olympus has taken the stand that they have no plans to develop any new
drivers, citing that the scanner is "old", and despite the fact that they
continue to sell them as new.  Go figure.

Further, there haven't been enough of them sold to encourage 3rd party
software guys like Vuescan to develop drivers for the ES-10.

OK.  You can have mine for $325..., and I'll pay shipping.

Dave