Re: [OM] Determining Personal ASA/ISO Ratings for Color Print Film

Subject: Re: [OM] Determining Personal ASA/ISO Ratings for Color Print Film
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 02:05:15 GMT
There may be no more authoritative source than Ctein, author of "POST EXPOSURE - Advanced Techniques for the Photographic Printer". You can visit his website,

http://www.plaidworks.com/ctein/

download a copy of Chapter 9 from his book,

http://www.plaidworks.com/ctein/booksmpl.htm

or e-mail him,

71246.216@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Or do what I do and just wing it. Lens cap on, homemade white translucent cap (styrofoam cup), purpose-made device (Expodisc), etc. Okay, okay, that only works for slide film. Honestly, I have no idea how to do this for print film and have never given it a thought - I just go by the results. Good luck.

Lex
===