Re: [OM] Cedar Point, Ohio

Subject: Re: [OM] Cedar Point, Ohio
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 15:13:23 -0400
At 10:31 AM -0700 8/22/00, John Cwiklinski wrote:

Off to the annual Cedar Point, Ohio amusement park trip. I think I have
convinced the operators to allow me to photograph from one of their roller
coasters called the "Magnum". Any ideas on a suitable fixed-focal length
lens? I have never done this before so I'm assuming that a Zuiko 50mm f1.8
(wide open) would be adequate. TIA

You might want to go with something wider depending on what kind of pix you want. If you sit in the front of the ride, a 24 or 21 would get you a nice sense of immediacy. The 50 would be good for capturing other terrified riders, but somehow I think the view might not be right for shots looking out at the ride.
(a 100 would give you nice stretches down the length of the track, but that
would be limited.)

paul

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx