[OM] What is causing bands of light?

Subject: [OM] What is causing bands of light?
From: Clendon Gibson <bsandyman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 06:11:02 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all.

I have had a couple rolls of film now show bands of
lightened color across the pictures.

If you look at the picture landscape wise the bands go
from the bottom to the top of the picture. At the top
and bottom edges the bands narrow somewhat. The bands
are evenly spaced across the picture.

An examination of the negative shows these same bands,
which I believe line up with the sproket holes.

This happens when I use my OM-2n, which I use for
mostly party shots, and therefore with a flash. The
bands are quite noticeble under these conditions.

What I want to know is ...

Is this a light leak in my camera, or a processing
problem at the lab where I go?

Has anyone else seen this? (Surely)

What can I do about it?

Thanks!