Re: [OM] An update from Chuck

Subject: Re: [OM] An update from Chuck
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 10:42:16 -0500
I don't think there is anything 'wrong' with it, but it is definately
low-end.  The filmscanners list I belong to isn't really 'high' on it.  If
your goal is scanning to publish on the web, I suspect it's fine. If your
goal is printing, you're limited to very small prints of any quality.

You might want to consider the Acer Scanwit.  They're more, but they're
2700dpi.  I owned one and liked it a lot (but then upgraded to a Polaroid
Sprintscan 4000 at 4000dpi -- but awfully expensive).

Not much help, am I.

Tom

> Chuck,
> Good to hear your son is improving...hopefully before long he'll be back
in
> the friendly skies..Seems longer than one year since his accident! I know
it
> seems like infinity to him!
>
> I too am on the verge of jumping into a slide scanner, altho I must say
all
> the travails of the list members in configuring them makes me wince....
>
> Does anyone know of/have experience with a brand called "Tamarack Artiscan
> 2400FS"? (sold by Tigerware) I went over to a friend's house last
night..it
> configured easily, scans up to 2400dpi, and is only $189 (with USB port
> adaptability). Is there anything "wrong" with this one?
>
> Susan Steele
> Amherst, VA USA
> "There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"." (Dave
Barry)