RE: [OM] Reflections on multi-coating reflections - was Re: Flatirons a

Subject: RE: [OM] Reflections on multi-coating reflections - was Re: Flatirons and OM's -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 12:12:54 -0400
Yeah, there's I guy in Colorado who completely removes the coatings and then
reapplies them. Seems VERY costly. Obviously, only for super expensive glass.
Believe he advertises in the repair section of Shutterbug. I've decided to stay
with my local shop for lens cleanings...not surprisingly.

Gary wrote:

> P.S. have you heard about the guy on the Nikon list who is
> try to find out if someone knows a method to completely
> remove the lens coatings?
> --

I believe this is possible (think I found a website for some company that
does it), usually the reason is so that the lens element can be recoated,
perhaps because the original coating was damaged with scratches.

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/wayneharridge/