Re: [OM] Reflections on multi-coating reflections - was Re: Flatirons a

Subject: Re: [OM] Reflections on multi-coating reflections - was Re: Flatirons and OM's
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 23:35:43 EDT
In a message dated 8/17/00 11:43:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
glewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< P.S. have you heard about the guy on the Nikon list who is try to find out
if someone knows a method to completely remove the lens coatings? >>

Gary,
There are stripping formulas we purchase in the optical trade for stripping
AR coatings off optical lenses (I currently use one called "Strip-It"...there
are several on the market..you let them soak for 15-20 minutes ) BUT we deal
in 990lastic lenses...I dunno if it would strip a glass lens....hmmmmm.
If anyone has an old lens laying about that is SC or MC glass that could send
it to me, I'l be happy to try to strip it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained??
 Ain't cheap to re-coat it either! I seem to remember we charged $60-ish to
re-coat a lens on front and back (we send them off to be done).

Susan Steele
Amherst, VA USA
"There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"." (Dave Barry)