[OM] (Fwd) goin ta Coloradah

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) goin ta Coloradah
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 14:43:09 +0000

Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 22:31:04 -0400
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Tomorrow I will be uns*ubscribing for a while, not that I have had much
time to read all 20MBytes of unread [OM] stuff in the first place. So
much to do, so little time. :-) I'm officially on 6 week sabbatical.
Time to play.

In the bags... let's see, at least 2 bodies 21/2, 28/2, 50/2, 50/1.4,
100/2, 2X converter and maybe, 180/2 and 1.4x, and a couple of flashes.
Maybe sneak in a 18 and 35-80 zoom, polarizing and other filters. 90/2
is just to heavy compared to the 50/2 when hiking. extension tubes...
it's all the little extras that are hard to sort, now where's that
bubble level... tripod/s... lead bags... oh, and film.

Film selection: E200, RVP, RDP3, CS, Royal Gold 400 - that is:

Kodak E200, which I have had good luck with, very versatile, pushable;

Velvia (velveta to some), I like for nature and I get the nice results
with low light, relatively low reciprocity failure. It is sensitive to
correct exposure though;

Provia F nice fine grain, but I have to say, I don't think I
have figured Provia out exactly;

Reala, my favorite print film and good with flash, can be greenish in
the scanner if under exposed;

Royal gold 400 is great for people shooting.