[OM] (Fwd) Some interesting items spotted

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) Some interesting items spotted
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 00:27:26 +0000

From: "Windrim, Brian" <brian@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "'olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Some interesting items spotted
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 17:02:55 +0100

Hi all,

I've been uns*ubscribed from the list for a few weeks
due to pressure of work not leaving me time to read it.
However, I thought I ought to pass on mention of the
following used OM items seen in camera shops near my
work, in case any UK-based listmembers are interested.

I have only looked closely at two of these (300 and 21),
I can check out the rest if anyone's really keen.

In Lizars, Shandwick Place, Edinburgh:

Zuiko 85/2 silver nose. A little wear on aperture ring. 120 UKP.
Zuiko 85/2 black nose, with hood. Looks nice. 150 UKP.
Zuiko 300/4.5 single-coated, with tripod mount. Good cond. 250 UKP.
Zuiko 50/1.4 with hood. 75 UKP.
OM4 with 50/1.8, "recent full service". Slightly tatty. 225 UKP.
F280 flash, 100 UKP.

In Jessop, also on Shandwick Place:

Zuiko 21/3.5. 119XXX serial no. Marked "Zuiko" only
(i.e. no letter prefix or MC suffix), but looked to
be single-coated (purple reflections). Body a bit
worn but glass good.

Olympus manual extension tubes, 7mm and 14mm (IIRC).
Near mint, in original plush-lined boxes. 25 UKP each.

Most of the prices seems reasonable for UK dealers. I'm
surprised to see two 85s at once (and they've been there
for a while) as I looked out for one for years before
giving in and buying new. I'm almost tempted to get the
black-nose one as a spare!

I have no connection with either of these shops.

If you want contact details for the shops, etc., email
me directly as I'll be off the list again shortly.

-Brian