[OM] Resolution & Contrast

Subject: [OM] Resolution & Contrast
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 14:34:06 +0800
A general question to the group prompted by what Ray wrote:

> I agree with your opinion; however, my impression is that it is not
> resolution that is impaired by the unnecessary use of filters but
> contrast and flare. It's very subjective, because I haven't

It is my impression that resolution and contrast are intimately related, ok
at 20 lpm you may be able to resolve detail with a significant amount of
flare but you won't be able to resolve 50 lpm with the same level of flare.
Isn't this the point of MTF graphs ?

 Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/wayneharridge/