[OM] FS: Olympus 35SP Rangefinder

Subject: [OM] FS: Olympus 35SP Rangefinder
From: "John Prosper" <japrosper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 12:16:50 EDT
Dear Zuikoholics, Anonymous and Otherwise:

The photo-ware:

I am parting with a Olympus 35SP rangefinder in Ex+ condition. I am only the second owner. The first user bought it brand new in 1971.

The required sales pitch:

This is a shutter priority rangefinder with an automatic program mode! and spot metering! (yes, you read that correctly ;-)). Olympus may have been the first to produce an auto program mode rangefinder---and in 1971 at that! They were also among the first to add spot metering capability to an early rangefinder. I am fully confident the mailing list's resident historians will support or spank my semi-assertions accordingly. ;-)

The instructions for using this masterpiece are included, and, if the sorry condition of the instructions fills you with despair, you can probably still get a free copy from Olympus headquarters (call toll-free at 1-877-337-1507 from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm in the USA or go to their corporate website at http://www.olympusamerica.com/p.asp?s=12&fit=18&ftype=15&func=od). The meter is still perfectly! calibrated (tested against a Kodak gray card). I have added a rubber hood because, well, because I'm just that kind of a guy. ;-)

The main items which keep this baby from Mint- status are the deteriorating original camera case (grainy debris from the inner lining keeps shedding itself---have no fear: I have kept the case and its grainy droppings away from the rangefinder itself since I first received it) and the relatively shabby shape of the instruction manual.

The why of it all:

So why am I parting with this gem? Because the size (it's nearly as big as an OM body) has conspired to render me reluctant to use it much. Besides, I am using every excuse to pare down my wares prior to an anticipated near future move.

The price of it all:

I shall part with this camera (with case, instructions, & hood) for $90, plus $5 shipping and insurance. I will pay the balance of shipping and insurance.

If interested, please contact me off list at my private email address provided below for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Respectfully,

John A. Prosper