[OM] going away

Subject: [OM] going away
From: "dlanor" <dlanor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 16:05:09 +0800
well boys and girls,
this is the end of  my 2nd stint
been mostly lurking for a while
helped a small number of you on Oly history
had some really nice discusses, hope to continue
that's it from me, I'm soon off on a fairly big 3m trip
when I return I may also move away,   .....   far away....
it's been a pleasure, although some topics do go on a bit......

and a sad thing, I've been nudged out of zuikoholism

(hrrrrghhhhh - sharp intake of breath!!!) please forgive me...
I still dearly love my OM4 and ACE and WILL use 'em
and NOTHING will replace my beloved pocketable XA
but .... but ......
picked up a 10yo c^n^n EOS600/630 autofocus for low $$ and really liked it,
may become my main user camera?  Leaves time to look at the view, without
focusing, although jumping in/ out of auto / manual exp. is different.
Metering is different too, I like the results from the multi pattern meter,
and it also has partial area metering which is a sort of spot meter,
although here the ......om4 is better.......

but I may change back ??? there is a lot to be said for the
compactness of an OM!  one of the greatest designs ever,
and to think it started nearly 30 year ago.....

Now Mr Olympus .... where is that auto focus svelte OM5 with spot metering,
(manual drive is just fine!) and switchable true panorama and normal frames?
(ala Hasselblad X-pan)  -- sighhhhh ---

by for now
ron ligtermoet
dlanor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx