Re: [OM] One you don't have!

Subject: Re: [OM] One you don't have!
From: Vaughan Bromfield <vaughan.bromfield@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 10:25:45 +1000
Dave

You're forgetting the elastic nature of the space-time continum and the
dilation effects of the General Theory of Relativity. A common mistke
BTW. ;-)

As we approach the singularity, our velocity approaches light speed...
the resulting relativity-induced length dilation increases the focal
length of the lens and its angle of view (remember the film is behind
the lens, further away from the singularity so the dilation effects are
smaller for the format). As long as the photographer is behind the
camera and the camera is pointed to the singularity, a secondary event
horison is created that prevents the photographer from ever appearing in
the image.

Vaughan

ObOM: what lens would be best for photographing the Total Perspective Vortex?