Re: [OM] OM4Ti Grief

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti Grief
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 18:15:04 +0200
On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 11:19:50AM -0700, Ralph Nitschke wrote:
> Aargh!
>
> Just finished putting my recently serviced 4Ti through a series of tests.
> The good news is they fixed the problem (dark line at the bottom of the
> pictures).  To remedy the problem they say they 'Repaired & lubricated
> mirror mechanism, adjusted speeds and replaced the light seals'.
>
> The problem however, is that the camera no longer focuses properly!
>
> Using my trusty OM1 I did a frame-by-frame comparison using the same film,
> lenses (and aperture settings), and focusing screen (1-13).  I tripod
> mounted the camera, used a cable shutter release and used the split-screen
> focusing aid to elliminate any possibility of user error.  End result, the
> images from OM1 are razor sharp while the OM4 is defintely fuzzy.  Espcially
> when the depth-of-field is non-existant (i.e. 50mm @ 1.8).

To chek, wether the focusing of a camera is fine do something like this:
Tale a ruler. Set your Camera on a tripod. Arrange the ruler in a 45-degree
angel towards the camera in a picture. Use a no depth-of-field situation.

Set the focus exactly to a remarkable mark on the middle of the ruler
 (e.g to the 6"-mark). Shoot this situation. The camera works fine,
if the focused mark is exact in the middle of the sharp area.

If the sharp area is bevore or after the focused mark, the camera is deadjused.

Frieder Faig