Re: [OM] Vivitar 285 flash for Oly 75-150mm lens... is it a good trade?

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar 285 flash for Oly 75-150mm lens... is it a good trade?
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 20:31:21 GMT
From what I've seen so far you'll need to work hard to produce defined iris
flare or similar flare artifacts with the 75-150/4 Zuiko. The worst I've been able to induce is some veiling flare, which almost any lens would be susceptible to when the sun is low and just off to the side.

In comarison my Vivitar Series 1 28-90/2.8-3.5 produces a carnival sideshow of iris flare when aimed toward a light source. Some recent night photos in which both a streetlight and the moon were in the frame have a dozen or so flare artifacts. In this case multi-coated just produced multi-colored flare spots. Fun.

Lex
===