Re: [OM] UK resource

Subject: Re: [OM] UK resource
From: John Hudson <xyyc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 08:28:46 -0700
Ray Moth wrote:

> John Hudson wrote:
>
> Now that is an unusual business. A camera shop in an off licence or an
> off licence in a camera shop! Haven't seen one of those before.
> John,
>
> For most of us it doesn't really make much difference which we frequent
> - camera shop or off licence (i.e. liquor store); we tend to end up in
> the same state. Anyway, it's nice to know that the two have been
> combined, at least in Newbury. I'm sure the whisky helps to provide a
> credible excuse for any Oly list member observed zooming around the
> camera shop, eyes multi-coated and in a zuikoholic haze. Without the
> hooch, he/she might be suspected of being on something stronger. ;-)

......or it could be a very shrewd entrepreneur who has capitalized on
the fact that Newbury has, or had until quite recently, some of the
worst, if not the worst, continuous traffic congestion in England! Lots
of cars and people around, often at a standstill, some looking to take a
break instead of sitting idle on the highway. The last time I was in
Newbury the A34 / A4 intersection was a dog for miles
in all four directions!!

John Hudson
Vancouver, BC