Re: [OM] Foam replacement advice (film doors)

Subject: Re: [OM] Foam replacement advice (film doors)
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 01:29:26 +0200
Yo,

on Tue, 25 Jul 2000 12:56:37 EDT, DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx wrote:

><< Worse is when you glue your fingers to the film door!
>  Dave >>
>
>Dave,
>are YOu speaking from experience?? <g>

Reminds me of something I saw very recently on one of those reality TV shows
(something like "Germany's Dumbest Drivers"). A guy was using superglue to
re-attach his rear view mirror to his car's windshield. He applied the glue
to the mirror and then attached it to the windscreen with his right hand and
held on to the steering wheel with his left, in which he was also holding
the glue. As he was concentrating on exacly centering and adjusting the
mirror he didn't notice the glue running onto his hand out of the still-open
tube. When the mirror was finally successfully attached to the windshield,
so was his hand to the steering wheel. He managed to drive to a nearby
police station where he kept honking until someone came out to see who was
causing all that commotion. The cops (who were fighting hard to keep from
laughing) couldn't figure out how to get his hand off the wheel, so they
called the fire department. The firemen weren't any more successful, so they
finally dismantled the wheel from the car and took guy and wheel to a
hospital where the wheel was eventually removed by carefully injecting
acetone between the wheel and the skin.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--