[OM] another tope topic was

Subject: [OM] another tope topic was
From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:21:35 GMT
Hi,

I think that's a *great* idea . . . a single image that captures its
"essence" through the eyes of the photographer. For those in a very rural setting, it would be something that captures the essence of the immediate area in which they live.

Aaaaaaaaargh, in that case I'm unlucky :(
Over here in Enschede nothing beautiful is to be seen, at least not "city-wise", perhaps I could take a macro picture but that would hardly qualify...

Nevertheless I like the idea as a theme, so perhaps with the above suggested extension (i.e. "...the essence of the immediate area in
which they live.") it will work well!

I'll add it to the list on the events page. Also, how about this alternative: we pick one city in the world and we all go there to view that very same city.... I suggest we do this in a cool remote place of course, say Buenos Aires (Argentina) or so :)))) O.k., o.k., only kidding, as this would be a rather expensive twist to TOPE...:/

Cheerio!
Olafo