Re: [OM] Malaysia

Subject: Re: [OM] Malaysia
From: S B Teoh <et@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:52:00 +0700
Ulf,

>I'll be off shortly to Malaysia for some serious wildlife and nature
shooting with the OM's. Apart from giant birdwing butterflies and loads of
Rhinoceros
hornbills

I would like to welcome you to Malaysia. I am from KL. Which part of the
country will you be going to? I don't have much experience with butterflies
and hornbills. But I did a lot of jungle trekking some years back with my
OM's talking pictures of wild orchids. Parts of the forest in some of the
highlands were felled for development and I went to these areas and others
photographing (with Zuiko macro lenses of course) these epiphytes including
some terrestrial orchids.

:-) :-), I guess I'll be standing eye to eye with the OM2000. Question is if
there's a chance of anything more exciting. Should anyone on the list have
any experience with OM hunting, (good or bad) in Kuala Lumpur or Georgetown,
please let me know.

I have been hunting for OM equipment for at least 10-15 years. Compared to
US and Europe, Malaysia is an Olympus desert!!. Three weeks ago, there was a
Foto Fair in KL but no new or used OM. But I've seen some sets in the shops
but quite expensive. If you interested in a list of the shops in Kuala
Lumpur I will send them to you. I am not familiar with Georgetown, Penang. I
know only of one OM user in Penang. He is away in Japan at the moment. I can
provide you with his email. Don't know of any other list member in Malaysia!!
I did buy an OM1n+50mmf1.4 in ex++ condition for RM650 (approx US$170) but
this is in Ipoh about 2 hours drive from KL.

Hagemeyer the sole agents for Olympus cameras is having a promotion:
OM 2000 + both the zuiko zooms + flash + camera bag for
RM1250(approx. US$340).

Hope this helps.
BTW when will you be coming to Malaysia?

Regards to all.
Eddie