Re: [OM] LEXMARK PRINTING

Subject: Re: [OM] LEXMARK PRINTING
From: "Ian M. Stewart" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 19:47:44 +0100
Dave Dougherty asked about Lexmark inks:

Hi Dave,

I've got the Lexmark 5700 and I do use the photo cartridge - which
is 30pc more expensive than the others!  I have only ever used the
tricolour and black combination for proofs on ordinary paper.  For
photo's on glossy paper I've always used the tricolour with the
photo cartridge.

Yes, I'm sure it makes a difference.  The problem without the photo
cartridge is that light tones have to be produced by using small
applications of the darker inks, and that shows up as 'speckle'
because there is too much white left showing.  I suppose that it
may not matter if you want to view the result from a distance, but
with the photo cartridge and on good photo paper (I use Canon)  I
need a lens to see that it's not a real photo.

BTW there are heavy duty (high yeild) black and tricolour cartridges
available - 12A1975 and 12A1985, but I've never seen a 'high yeild'
photo cartridge.

HTH

--

Ian   <IMS>
                  Traffic engineering: Order out of chaos.....