[OM] Re: [OT] Slang (was OM Bounce Grip)

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Slang (was OM Bounce Grip)
From: Vaughan Bromfield <vaughanb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 21:30:46 +1000
jpendley@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Interesting.  Amer. equivalent = upchucking.  We also have "ralphing"
> (my own favorite).  Marvelously inventive language, esp. for bodily
> functions.  (I hope this doesn't start a thread.)
> John P

At the risk of starting another OT thread, I've always liked the
expression "driving the porcelain bus" which specifically relates to
excessive alcohol consumption.

ObOM -- thanks for the replies on the OM1 with wonky shutter curtain. It
has been given suitably wide berth. interesting to note how many are
afflicted, and the disregard that owners exhibit to the problem.

For those in Sydney, Australia: Whilton Camera Repairs have a foam lined
brief case with a Gossen ProfiSix meter (the modular one with moving
coil meter) and what appears to be the *complete* set of attachments --
colour, spot, tele, flash, flat incident etc. All for well under $600
(dunno about inc GST but). The foam in the case looks die cut so it may
well be a "factory" outfit. Bloody beautiful, entirely necessary and
justifyable... it almost became a "personal reward for work well done"
but I'm praying somebody else will beat me to it (plus I need to do more
work to afford it). ;-) I hope it goes to a loving home.

Whilton also have Zuiko 35mm shift, 180 f2.8, 200 f4 and 300 f4.5 all on
consignment I think. The 180 f2.8 was around $690. The price on the 200
was $450! I made a "they don't wanna sell it" remark about the 200 f4,
the shop assistant asked quite honestly whether the price was realistic,
I said no $250 to $300 tops. He was cool, seemed knowledgeable. All
Aussie dollars of course. Whilton also have a scruffy and brassed
Recordata Back 1 for something like $35 and numerous screens (1-10,
1-12). It's a place you'd like to get permission to rummage through the
drawers and shelves, you'd never know what NOS and used tidbits you'd find.

Vaughan