Re: [OM] Olympus SC35 ???

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus SC35 ???
From: Frank van Lindert <franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 22:27:44 +0200
On Fri, 21 Jul 2000 16:41:37 +0200, Hans van Veluwen
<HVeluwen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>It looks like Olympus Europe has a couple of boxes full with OM-101 PF
>(OM-88) and are promoting it as a camera for microphotography, rebadged as
>SC35...
>

>http://www.olympus-europa.com/mikro/products/system/documentation_sys/sc35/s
>c35.stm
>

>Mark, something for the collection? ;)
>
>hnz

Hans, you sound a bit disparagagingly - why?

This camera certainly is more than a rebadged-only OM-88.
The SC35 of this type has been available since about the same time the
OM-88 was marketed - nothing new. It is really a dedicated  microscope
and endoscope camera coming in a few versions. I own a 'type 15'
version. It has a special cross hairs type focusing screen, a PC sync
contact, and a slightly different version of the manual adapter. The
power focus system and button are missing, but the camera works fine
with MF Zuikos - even on auto-TTL.

Frank van Lindert,
Utrecht Holland.