Re: [OM] "Newbie" w/OM-1... Focus Screen is DIM ! !

Subject: Re: [OM] "Newbie" w/OM-1... Focus Screen is DIM ! !
From: "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 23:04:43 -0400
Welcome Marlin!

Today is your lucky day.  You "happened" upon one of the premier cameras for
astro photography.  There are many little discoveries to be made about the
OM-1.  The first is the ability to simply and easily change the focusing
screen.  With the lens off the camera, look inside and just above the
mirror.  There is a small tab that moves forward releasing the frame that
holds the screen.  On the tab of the screen is a number that corresponds to
the list at :
http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/veluwen/om-sif/findergroup/focusingscreens.htm
and identifies which screen you have.  The particular screen you desire is
available many places on the Internet.  One of our favorite locations is
Camtech/Olympus Service at http://zuiko.com/ as John is a valuable asset to
our list and the resident guru on what goes on inside our beloved equipment.
There is much more information in the archives which may be searched at your
convenience.

Gregg

Marlin W. Thoma asked: