[OM] Need 35-70mm f/3.6 lens hood

Subject: [OM] Need 35-70mm f/3.6 lens hood
From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 01:26:06 PDT
Hi,

Best results are achieved using the "twelve stop" program:
1.  18/3.5
2.  21/2
3.  24/2
4.  28/2
5.  35/2
6.  50/1.2 (or 55/1.2, or 50/1.4 S/N > 1M)
7.  85/2
8.  100/2
9.  135/2.8
10. 180/2
11. 250/2
12. 350/2.8

Here's a somewhat cheaper alternative that seems to work well for me:

1. 24/2.8
2. 28/2
3. 35/2.8 Shift
4. 35-80/2.8
5. 100/2
6. 135/2.8
7. 65-200/4
8. 300/4.5

This works well for a while, but I'm afraid to even begin thinking of the next fix that I will need in a few months from now. Do I hear anyone say they have a 21/2 for sale for $100??? ;)))

Unlike other programs, there is no need to follow them in any particular order.

True, although the spiral monetary wise definitely seems to go upwards, and it will be hard to top my latest "acquisition" in that respect :(

Greatest satisfaction in finishing this program comes from "'Doris
Fang' Finds."

True again. A 16/3.5 Fish-eye for $50???? Ahhhh, but then you gotta give me that 600/6.5 into the bargain too! ;)

Of course there is always a maintenance program afterward requring the occasional addition of a 35-80/2.8 Zoom, 40/2, 8/2.8 Fish, 16/3.5 Fish, 24/3.5 Shift, 35/2.8 Shift, 50/2 Macro, 90/2 Macro, 7/14/25 auto extension tube set, or completing all the lens hoods and hard cases for them.

Don't forget all the macro equipment! And where are the bodies? When you're through buying lenses, you'll of course need to dedicate a 4(T(i)) or 3(Ti) to each single lens, or at least so seems to be the theory of a fellow Dutch Zuikoholic per se....;)

- -- John
(who is at stop 7 and working on 8, but took a hiatus and went on some of the maintenance program for a while)

Aahhhhhh, you'll love stop 8! Besides, when achieving stop 8, you'll also have achieved stop 9, as you already have that one too... In my program stops 2, 4 and 5 are the most satisfactory ones, at least for me....

I wonder which parts of the maintenance program you were covering though, I know you've got the 35/2.8 Shift covered, but the rest? I just hope you got a good bonus this year....;)

The "only" nasty thing about the above programs is that it becomes increasingly more difficult/expensive to get the fixes which reside at the extremes (i.e. x < 24mm OR x = 180mm OR x = 250mm OR x >300).

Good luck, and happy hunting! :)
Olafo "no I'm not addicted!"