Re: [OM] High Contrast copy film

Subject: Re: [OM] High Contrast copy film
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 13:16:04 +0000
At 17:05 7/16/00 , Larry asked:
[snip]
>The results from doing this yielded an incredibly fine grain structure
>approaching a print from a regular 4x5 negative using plus-x, etc.
[snip]

Larry, I can't help with the specific article, but can point to some
information about high contrast copy.

One of the films used for this is Kodak's Technical Pan.  Their Technical
Pub, P-255, has recommendations for high contrast copy application
including developing and printing.  It is available on-line:
  http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/p255/p255.shtml

The section you want is "Copy Applications" under the heading "Specific
Applications."  It includes recommended EI for tungsten copy lights (for
copy, it's higher than 25 which shouldn't be surprising) and developing
afterward (using D-19).  Under "Image Structure" are curves showing density
with EI from various developing methods you may find useful.  Note that
Kodak doesn't provide Diffuse RMS Granularity figures for high contrast
copy application, only "pictorial."  It is one of the finest grain B/W
films ever made though.

I haven't done this, but considered it a while ago so I don't know how well
it works.

-- John