[OM] OM Repair tool

Subject: [OM] OM Repair tool
From: "Barry Obut" <barry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 01:23:11 -0400
I recently had a need to remove the top cover from an OM-1, but I
didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on specialized tools.
Searching Sears, I fount something called a .038 tip Retaining Ring
Plier 45489 for under $10 that worked quite nicely on all the parts
that required various size micro spanning wrenches. Now I
understand exactly what's wrong with the malfunctioning light meter.
(Of course I can't do much about it without the necessary part, but
I'm a step closer.)

I can't wait for the national news story about a mysterious run on
Sears Retaining Ring Pliers when you guys all run out to get your
pair at the same time. :-)

Barry

Barry Obut
email: barry@xxxxxxxxxx