[OM] My name is Jez and I am a Zuikoholic. For sale/Wanted...

Subject: [OM] My name is Jez and I am a Zuikoholic. For sale/Wanted...
From: JEZ.CUNNINGHAM@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 08:10:13 +0200
I thought I was immunized but the vaccine seems to be wearing off.

I subscribed to this list some months ago and I soon recognized that I had
to replace the V*v*t*r lenses for my OM4 with REAL ZUIKO glass.  Not
unreasonable, as I just* had a pair of ordinary zooms 28-80 and 70-210 and
there was evidence of fungus which meant I could justify their replacement
to my significant other (after >10 years of good use - the lenses that is).
I'm still searching for a bargain 28-48 or 35-70...

 * (not to mention the 50mm, the 500mm mirror and the telescope adaptor)

But while browsing a secondhand shop I came across a lonely couple of
lenses which were calling out my name asking to be liberated.  They're not
even regular manual focus OMs but the AF variety (for a 77/707) - and I
bought them!  Why?  I don't know, but I suppose I thought there must be a
better home for them than languishing in the corner of a shop.  And they
didn't seem too expensive.  And I could use the 50mm f2 for a loupe.  But
the 35-70 f3.5-4.5 ?  Seems like I'm well and truly infected.  And not just
with the real OM/Zuiko variety of the disease.  Perhaps I should buy a
matching body?  No, stop!  I mustn't touch that bottle!

Well is anyone interested before I put them up for auction? (as rarities of
course?)  They're both mint condition, without boxes, and the shopkeeper
managed to find hard cases (but not the correct Olympus ones). The
detachable hood is there too.

I've no idea of the value - so I'm relying on the collective expertise of
the list to help me here...please?

Thanks in advance fellow Zuiks,
Jez