re [OM] Rainy Day In Holland

Subject: re [OM] Rainy Day In Holland
From: "dlanor" <dlanor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 12:22:17 +0800
Answers to : "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
"looking for picture of Quickmatic"

Hans, I have a Quickmatic EEM, will photo it and offer a copy if you like.

"Then there is the "Standard". Has anyone ever seen pictures of these
prototypes - do they even still exist?"

My information on this includes a picture but copyright issues may
intervene?  It looks like a flatter taller Leica, it is a rangefinder
camera, for 127 film at 4x5cm, has interchangeable lens.  Appears only a
small number (10?) were made, thus I presume it is a prototype only and
Olympus gave up on it due to complexity.  Even though Olympus had been
around since 1919 (?), the 1937 "Standard" was only the 2nd camera and the
only one for 127 film.  Other Olympus camera at that time had 120 film.

"Finally Ron Ligtermoet (Dutch name!)"

Too right buddy, Dutch by parentage, Aussie by birth, and proud of  Dutch
heritage!   Which explains why I like to use my Olypmuses to take pictures
of water areas!

Ron Ligtermoet
dlanor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx