[OM] Re: Expodisc (was "In need of 2nd OM body")

Subject: [OM] Re: Expodisc (was "In need of 2nd OM body")
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:24:21 -0500
At 09:40 PM 7/10/2000 PDT, you wrote:
>Should be expodisc, kiddo.  Comes in various sizes and, I think, is designed
>to slip over the lens or lens hood, for quick use.
>
>http://www.expodisc.com

It works more like a lens cap.  It fits inside the threads of the lens or
filter but is not threaded itself.  You can literally use it as a lens cap.

George Wallace is still active making these things and touting their
virtues and uses.  He was a student of Minor White and I believe is a
retired prof of photography.  I'm on his mailing list and get drafts of
little treatises he writes on exposure measurement in theory and practice.
It has become somewhat moot for me with the OM-2S and OM-4T in my arsenal.
I do occasionally find uses for the Expodisc with my OM-1's however.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA